Thursday, December 22, 2011

Stupid People

I've come to the conclusion, after reading my last post (which wasn't all that long ago... lol) that there really aren't that many stupid people in the world. Most people know these things I refer to as stupid actions. It's just that they choose not to accept the facts, which I myself am guilty of at times.

There is probably a legitimate reason for this. Mostly, I think it's some form of denial. Anger, frustration, sadness, happiness. Most of it is emotional. It's all a mindset that can be controlled.  The problem is that most of us get caught up in our emotions. We become overpowered by them and in the midst of that we lose our logic and reasoning. This is why I refer to it as ignorance and not stupidity. If I offended you I apologize. What I mean to say is that this ignorance is just a for of temporary insanity and let's face it, insanity is defined by those who are defines as sane. Who's to say our definition of sanity isn't backwards?  

Let's get to what my point is before I bore you with my incredulous banter. My point is that we need to fix this state of mind we are in at our moments of temporary ignorance. We need to stop and breathe; give ourselves time to think before we react. Instead or reacting before we have time to catch our breath. I think this would go a long way towards redeeming our humanity.

I'm not saying that this will fix all of our problems, but I do believe that it may help to put an end to our "backwardsness." Yes I realize that's not a word but you get the picture. Humanity has plummeted into a phase of "backwardsness" where the end seems nowhere in sight. Let's fix this!

Thought's and feelings, please. I'd love to hear your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment